Wednesday, September 5, 2007

not just to say I did it

So the last post was a video cop out? We all move on, our day starts anew, time heals all wounds etc. Get over it. I forced myself to listen to Kanye and 50's respective albums, not because of the gayest beef ever but they kinda leaked at the same time (suspicious,yes?) and I'm still kickin it on vacation from work. I didn't like Kanye's first singles off this album, except for the obvious Akira and Daft Punk qualities which you can't help but love. I'm glad baby Kanye can branch out and incorporate other music styles in his work, which is probably why I like Graduation better then Curtis. Kanye will always be more interesting to me than the Gorilla with Rabbit teeth (big ups to Cam'ron), 50 does it for me but only, only on a ass knockin beat. Otherwise he's weaksauce, his flow is mumbly, uninspired, and repetitive. And this whole beef over some sound scan numbers? Are you guys for real? Modern rappers can't even beef over lyric superiority, it has to be about money big fucking surprise, if anyone was looking for hip hop today in a nutshell it's this disgusting and rather sad beef. Neither album is great, and I expected more from Kanye, I really did like his last albums. Not to say that Graduation is all bad - the beats are years ahead than 50's - but he sounds a little lazy with the lyrics. Less imaginative and witty, he's got moments but they pass.

Ye at least is fuckin hilarious on occasion, 50 seems like he has no sense of humor whatsoever and I bet he has an awkward laugh that makes everyone else uncomfortable (like who brought THIS guy?). I think these two songs are off a bunch of Kanye's I'm Good comps, oh limewire way to fuck up my organized library*. Out the Game is hilarious and Jay slaps your face on Poppin tags. I wish the sound quality was better but, whateva.

Out the Game
Poppin Tags

I think Nas and Rakim ("flow stays submerged in the fountain of youth"!)actually took this shit seriously and Kanye showed up for free shoes. Really good modern Primo production btw(can anyone scratch a hook better? MMM is probably second).

Better than I've ever been

Girls, Girls, Girls remix, eat it up
















And as a sweet side dish MF Doom over Kanye anyone? Oh yes. I know Doom has haters, and his voice is all hushed and secretive. But try to hang with him, he's a beast and better than you or your friends.

Change the Beat



















Ye should remaster all that old shit and give Jean Grae some burners, stop tryin to hard, man just go with it and hook some people up. That dude's personality hella rubs me wrong, if we were in Jr. high I would get into a tussle with him over badminton or something.

*don't you hate it when people mis label shit on limewire, you dumb asses it's the Ohio Players NOT Marvin Gaye!

No comments: