Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back like Chiroprack

Apologies are due to anyone who actually ever paid attention to my posts. I'll post here and there depending upon crowd reaction/participation. I've been quite busy with my life of mediocrity. School, work, martial arts, and getting turned down for internships is hard business. Luckily a influx of new games, books, and music has as always made things more than bareable. I have ass loads of music to pass on to others and I hardly know where to begin.

We'll start with this. A good song, but an even better live performance. The energy in the room is evident. Stevie knows it so well too. Near the end when he has the whole room full of what looks like music and film stars from 1982 chanting "Hey, hey, everybody's jammin" is pretty awesome.



I posted some videos of Greg Puntillo and some of his band mates a while back. Like I said talented NY subway performers who deserve accolades for trying something new. Anyway, I got their album a while ago from CD baby. Usually I would have opted to jack it form the internetz but they need the money, and it would have been impossible to find. Their album is fantastic. It ranges from beat oriented classical songs to very avant garde scenic tracks. There is a you tube video of The Moon Over the Ruined Castle but the audio is trash due to passing subway cars (it does add something as well). Winter in June is an excellent showcase of everyone's talent over a bouncy bass line that changes constantly to allow different environments for the artists to cruise over.

The Moon Over the Ruined Castle

Winter in June

Photobucket I've been obsessed with this particular song by Estelle and Kanye. Once again Kanye comes with outstanding production. And I can't be happier that he's passing it out to Estelle, a British songstress who has put out one previous album that was decent (and three or four EPs that were damned good as well) but her next one should do much better. She's had reasonable success with her first single Just a Touch. American Boy is better, it's sexier and I can juxtapose myself within the context of the song. And she talks about 5'7" guys, I'm 5'8" baby. More girls need to be into dudes my height. Seriously though, beat is sweet, hook is sweet, and I even love the bridge. Someone compared her to L-Dub though, and I got physically angry. no matter how good any young African American woman is, even if she can sing and rap, she's no L-Dub. Everyone remember that or violence will ensue.

American Boy

I recently went through a phase of 90's music. Collective Soul, Oasis, Toni Braxton, Alice In Chains, Weezer, and lots of Aaliyah. Seriously, she's awesome. Timbaland, who I can never get over, always gives her ridiculous tracks. While I'm not going to post anything assuming most people have Are You That Somebody? and Hot Like Fire or Chain's opus Would. I just felt like mentioning it.

Photobucket And speaking of revivals of a sort, although i greatly anticipate the Root's next album, ?uestlove is an absurd producer. He's producing Bill Wither's return, and Al Green's new album. And fresh from the blogosphere I've managed to collect a track from said Al Green album. Preposterous shit, it's not even funny how awesome this song is. ?uestlove production, Daptone horns, a slight powdering of Anthony Hamilton and you have You've Got The Love I Need Babe. I swear to god I can't get over how awesome this album might be, it keeps me up at night. I heard about an recent interview with the Reverend and he was quoting as saying the album is "as fresh as the milk from a cow's titty." Holy shit.

You Got the Love I Need Babe

Well I think thats a fine return. I have tons of shit I want to post, I just need the audience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might go the Kanye concert, it actually sounds pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.